April 2018. (Read more…)
- Access to all of the iOS system voices, including the Siri voices.
- This gives you greater choice, including male and female variants for the same language.
- New camera view, with document detection support.
- Auto mode can automatically crop and deskew your photos to give you the best possible image for creating a PDF.
- Improved support with the Files App and other file sharing apps.
- You can now access and organise all of your PDF files from the On My iPad section in the File app.
- Adds an option to overwrite the existing file when choosing to OCR a PDF.
- This can help to reduce your workflow when creating OCR PDFs.
- Adds an option to lock/unlock an annotation or video in place.
- Improvements to the multimedia player.
- Bug fixes.
- iOS 9.0 or above.
December 2017 (Read more…)
In the 2.0.31 update of our ClaroPDF apps, we upgraded the OCR engine we use on our servers, so that when you use the Convert to Text PDF feature, your returned PDFs will be quicker to download and view as well as being faster when being annotated. This should make the whole conversion process a lot smoother.
Version 1, June 2013
- Zoom up to 16x.
- Tap the viewfinder to freeze the image.
- Change mode (normal, invert, two-colour, greyscale)
- Change colour in two-colour and greyscale mode.
- Activate iPhone or iPod Touch flash as a light (not iPad)
- Take a photo with the current view settings.
- Project display to external monitor.
Version 1.1, July 2013
- Tap viewfinder to freeze image.
Version 1.5, November 2016
- Added pinch to zoom in and out.
January 2018 (Read more…)
In ClaroSpeak V2.5 onwards you can bold, italic, underline and add images to your document. If you decide to save, share or export your document, ClaroSpeak will use an RTF or RTFD file. (Read more…)
By default, a lower-quality version of the voice is installed on your device. It is possible to download the enhanced versions of these voices and you can then use them in your Claro app. To do this:
If you have one of our iOS apps which crashes and we cannot replicate it, we will ask you to send us your crash log to see if this provides us with more information. There are a couple of ways of locating a crash log: (Read more…)
You may have a large number of iOS users and want to give them all a paid-for Claro Software App – you want the equivalent of a site licence for iOS Apps. For example, you want every student in your school to have ClaroSpeak on their iPad. Doing it manually – buying the App individually for each iPad – takes a long time and updates will require the users to know the AppStore password. (Read more…)
January 2016 (Read more…)
1. What gestures can I use in ClaroSpeak?
- Pinch over the text area to increase/decrease font size
- Tap the top toolbar while playing = Stop
- Shake device = Clear text
- In normal view mode:
- Swipe from left to right = Play
- Swipe from left to right over the page toolbar = Play
- Swipe from left to right = previous page
- Swipe from right to left = next page
- Swipe from right to left with two fingers (if you have a PDF file open) = show original PDF file
- Swipe from left to right with two fingers (if you have a PDF file open) = hide original PDF file
This may be because your device is set to mute, to check this, do the following:
If in Settings > General > “Use Side Switch to”: is set to Lock Rotation: (Read more…)