You can use any of the Mac system voices with ClaroRead for Mac. There are many extra voices to download and use. (Read more…)
October 2016. (Read more…)
On more recent versions of Mac OS X there is a setting which prevents ScreenRuler from spanning over multiple monitors. To fix this, you will need to switch a setting off in System Preferences: (Read more…)
When you try to install ClaroRead for Mac (or any other Claro Mac apps) on your Mac, you may see the error message “ClaroRead for Mac” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed when you try to run it. (Read more…)
How to get updates for your Claro software (Read more…)
23 July 2014.
2 October 2012.
- When spell checking in Word 2011, selecting a word from the list of suggestions and clicking change does not update Word with the new spelling but just moves onto the next spelling error.
To get Readiris Pro to work with the Plustek OpticBook 3800 scanner you will need to do the following: (Read more…)
16 Jan 2012
20 December 2011
- Saving to audio using ClaroRead V4 and a Mac voice on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) quits early and a 4KB file is left which contains no audio.
If the TeamViewer connection freezes a lot, try the following:
- Open TeamViewer
- Click on Extras
- Click on Options
- Click on Advanced Tab
- Click on “Show Advanced options” button
- Uncheck the “Enable UDP” option
- ClaroView for Mac English: Help File
- ClaroCapture for Mac English: Help File
- ScreenRuler for Mac English: Help File
- All or some of the voices which begin with “Claro” don’t work
- All or some of the voices which begin with “Claro” don’t show up in ClaroRead’s Speech settings tab.
This usually means some of the voice files have been deleted somewhere, run the Claro voice remover program to remove the trouble voices and then reinstall ClaroRead (and voices) from disk.
Readiris will work with any scanner which comes with a Mac TWAIN driver and that works with the Mac’s “Image Capture” program.
This is caused by disk permissions not being correctly set. Run Disk Utility and repair your hard drive.
If you want to back up your Claro product settings, navigate to Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Preferences and copy the relevant “com.claro…” settings files.
- Nothing happens when you press the keyboard shortcut for Play and Stop
- Nothing happens when you try to complete a word using prediction using the F-keys
- The “Speak objects under mouse” option is selected but nothing gets read out under the mouse pointer.
- Keyboard echo is not working.
- When prediction is switched on, typing does not bring up the prediction window.
This happens when you install the latest version over an old version. Please delete the Claroread application and re-run the latest installer.
- Restore Settings (4.1 MB)
- Allows you to to restore the settings of any Claro Software Mac application.
- Claro Mac Voice Downloader (6.5 MB)
- Allows you to install selected Claro Vocalizer Expressive Mac voices (used in ClaroRead V5.2 onwards). These voices will ONLY work with ClaroRead or WordRead Plus.
- Claro Mac Voice Uninstaller (4.2 MB)
- Allows you to uninstall any Claro Vocalizer Expressive Mac voices you have installed (used in ClaroRead V5.2 onwards).
- Claro Mac License Checker (2.7 MB)
- If one of our Mac programs is not working properly when you enter a license key, use this program on a support call so we can gather more information about the problem.
An update to ClaroRead V4 is required to allow it to work with Word 2011, please download and run ClaroUp to update.