Using ClaroRead for Mac on macOS Mojave. (Read more…)
September 2018. (Read more…)
September 2018. (Read more…)
We have lots of programs for lots of users with disabilities, though nowadays we concentrate on print impairments like dyslexia with our ClaroRead range and Apps.
Below is a run-down of our software for other needs. You can always check out Labs (https://www.clarosoftware.com/labs) for other software that might be of interest, or our complete commercial range. https://www.clarosoftware.com/all
Last updated August 2018 (Read more…)
ClaroRead for Mac has the same core features as ClaroRead for Windows – speech, scanning/OCR, spellcheck, screen tinting, word prediction – but a slightly smaller feature set. These are generally less-used features, for the obvious reason that if they were popular we would have built them into ClaroRead for Mac already! Read more for a comprehensive list of features. (Read more…)
From 14th April 2018, Apple will begin issuing an alert box when you open a 32-bit app in MacOS 10.13.4. (Read more…)
March 2018. (Read more…)
If you need to re-locate your Claro licence key once your product has been activated, you can do so in the following ways: (Read more…)
ClaroIdeas is an easy-to-use tool to support the creation and editing of concept or idea maps using visual components. It has been specifically developed to support people with wide age and ability ranges. We have tried to keep the complexity of the program down whilst still retaining the functionality of an idea map. (Read more…)
- Support for Dedicon protected PDF files.
- Works on macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and above.
- Initial release.
- ClaroSpeak for Mac is an easy-to-use reader for Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word DOCX and other text files, and is included with ClaroRead for Mac.
May 2017. (Read more…)
Our software uses Licence Keys to let you activate and use it on your machines while making it easy to distribute widely.
You can look up your licence key and download the correct software by using our Licence Key Lookup:
If you have activated your software and need to find out what the key is, check our Finding Your Licence Key article.
You can use any of the Mac system voices with ClaroRead for Mac. There are many extra voices to download and use. (Read more…)
October 2016. (Read more…)
December 2015 (Read more…)
September 2015 (Read more…)
On more recent versions of Mac OS X there is a setting which prevents ScreenRuler from spanning over multiple monitors. To fix this, you will need to switch a setting off in System Preferences: (Read more…)
When you try to install ClaroRead for Mac (or any other Claro Mac apps) on your Mac, you may see the error message “ClaroRead for Mac” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed when you try to run it. (Read more…)
How to get updates for your Claro software (Read more…)
23 July 2014.
2 October 2012.
- When spell checking in Word 2011, selecting a word from the list of suggestions and clicking change does not update Word with the new spelling but just moves onto the next spelling error.
To get Readiris Pro to work with the Plustek OpticBook 3800 scanner you will need to do the following: (Read more…)
16 Jan 2012
20 December 2011
- Saving to audio using ClaroRead V4 and a Mac voice on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) quits early and a 4KB file is left which contains no audio.
If the TeamViewer connection freezes a lot, try the following:
- Open TeamViewer
- Click on Extras
- Click on Options
- Click on Advanced Tab
- Click on “Show Advanced options” button
- Uncheck the “Enable UDP” option
- All or some of the voices which begin with “Claro” don’t work
- All or some of the voices which begin with “Claro” don’t show up in ClaroRead’s Speech settings tab.
This usually means some of the voice files have been deleted somewhere, run the Claro voice remover program to remove the trouble voices and then reinstall ClaroRead (and voices) from disk.
Readiris will work with any scanner which comes with a Mac TWAIN driver and that works with the Mac’s “Image Capture” program.
This is caused by disk permissions not being correctly set. Run Disk Utility and repair your hard drive.
If you want to back up your Claro product settings, navigate to Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Preferences and copy the relevant “com.claro…” settings files.
- Nothing happens when you press the keyboard shortcut for Play and Stop
- Nothing happens when you try to complete a word using prediction using the F-keys
- The “Speak objects under mouse” option is selected but nothing gets read out under the mouse pointer.
- Keyboard echo is not working.
- When prediction is switched on, typing does not bring up the prediction window.
This happens when you install the latest version over an old version. Please delete the Claroread application and re-run the latest installer.
- Restore Settings (4.1 MB)
- Allows you to to restore the settings of any Claro Software Mac application.
- Claro Mac Voice Downloader (6.5 MB)
- Allows you to install selected Claro Vocalizer Expressive Mac voices (used in ClaroRead V5.2 onwards). These voices will ONLY work with ClaroRead or WordRead Plus.
- Claro Mac Voice Uninstaller (4.2 MB)
- Allows you to uninstall any Claro Vocalizer Expressive Mac voices you have installed (used in ClaroRead V5.2 onwards).
- Claro Mac License Checker (2.7 MB)
- If one of our Mac programs is not working properly when you enter a license key, use this program on a support call so we can gather more information about the problem.
An update to ClaroRead V4 is required to allow it to work with Word 2011, please download and run ClaroUp to update.
V1.2.4, July 2017
Minor improvements / bug fixes.
V1.4.6, January 2018
Application now accepts ClaroView license keys to unlock the demo version, as well as its own ScreenRuler keys.