If you’re a system administrator (or partner) you might find yourself needing to install multiple MSI files onto a target computer. There are several technical ways to do this, but for simplicity here are some super-simple batch files that will install all of the MSI files in the folder where they find themselves. (Read more…)
We supply licence keys for most of our products. These are used to activate installed software (e.g. ClaroRead for Windows). But they also enable features and downloads in ClaroRead Cloud. (Read more…)
How to install ClaroRead Chrome on your Chromebooks and Google Domain, for end users and site licences. (Read more…)
Claro Voice Setup is a small Windows program that lets you download and install any of 80 high-quality text-to-speech voices in 30 languages. (Read more…)
Customers owning a site licence or multi-user licence version of a Claro product are able to distribute that product over multiple computers. This could be done by visiting each computer with the installers on a USB pen drive, and manually installing the product, but this would be very time-consuming. If the computers are connected on a network however it is possible to use Microsoft networking tools to distribute the software from a central location.
- If you try to install from a download and get the message “… is not a valid Win32 application” then the download is incomplete. Download and retry – a full download installation can be over 250MB for ClaroRead Plus. If this does not work then try running Disk Cleanup (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools in Windows XP) on your main hard disk (usually C:) and making sure “Temporary Files” is checked.
- As with all software Claro programs work best on updated computers with the latest Microsoft updates. Use Microsoft Windows Update to check your computer is up-to-date: you can select Windows Update from the Tools menu of Internet Explorer and the Microsoft website will guide you through any necessary updates.
- Claro programs use Microsoft Office extensively: enable Office updates as well as Windows updates.
- Try installing the latest Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 6.
- Anti-virus programs can cause problems with installation. If you cannot install a Claro program try disabling your anti-virus program and installing it again.
- If installation is stopped for any reason before it completes you may find that your Claro software does not speak or does not work. Open Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall the Claro Product if it is there. Then try installing again.
- If you receive the message A fatal error occurred during installation and/or the Windows Installer error code 1603 when trying to install Claro software then try Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 834484.