If you’re a system administrator (or partner) you might find yourself needing to install multiple MSI files onto a target computer. There are several technical ways to do this, but for simplicity here are some super-simple batch files that will install all of the MSI files in the folder where they find themselves. (Read more…)
We supply licence keys for most of our products. These are used to activate installed software (e.g. ClaroRead for Windows). But they also enable features and downloads in ClaroRead Cloud. You log in to ClaroRead Cloud and click on My Licence Keys:
Enter your licence key there and different features and downloads will appear. This is a summary of licence keys and what they activate in Cloud.
End-User Licence Keys
When you enter an end-user licence key into ClaroRead Cloud then the Windows Software and/or Mac Software options will appear. These let you download Windows and Mac software to install on your machine. You will need to enter your end-user licence key into the software to make it work. You can use your end-user licence key on up to two machines, as set out in our End-User Licence Agreement.
When you enter an end-user licence key into ClaroRead Cloud then the ClaroRead Anywhere and ClaroRead Cloud OCR Cloud web apps will also appear and you can use them on any phone, tablet or desktop.
End-user licence keys may have an expiry date: if they do, then your client software (e.g. ClaroRead for Windows) will stop working then. You will also lose access to the Cloud web apps. You will need to purchase a new key (and enter it into My Licence Keys) or extend the expiry of the existing key (through Claro Software.)
Multi-User Licence Keys
When you enter a multi-user licence key into ClaroRead Cloud then the Windows Software and/or Mac Software options will appear. These let you download Windows and Mac software to install on a number of machines. You will need to enter the same multi-user licence key into each machine.
You have a per-machine limit on multi-user licence keys. For example, a key might only be valid for 100 machines. You can see the number of times you have already used your key in My Licence Keys.
The Manage Referrers option will also appear, allowing you to link your website to the Windows Software or Mac Software options so your users can access them and download and install the software themselves. When users log in the multi-user licence key is displayed so they can put it into the software when prompted.
Multi-user licence keys may have an expiry date: if they do, then your software (e.g. ClaroRead for Windows) will stop working then. You will need to obtain a new key or extend the expiry of the existing key.
Multi-user licence keys do not come with access to the Cloud web apps.
Network Licence Keys
Network licence keys are for site licences.
When you enter a network licence key into ClaroRead Cloud then the Network Software option will appear. This lets you download Windows software to install on a Windows Network (in the form of MSI files.) You do NOT need a licence key to activate or licence this version of the software. The network licence key is used only in ClaroRead Cloud to turn on the option to download it.
If you have purchased a perpetual site licence, then the software can be used forever.
If you have purchased an annual site licence, then the software must be removed from your network if you do not renew the annual licence. See our site licence terms and conditions.
Network licence keys have an expiry date: this has no effect on already-installed client software (e.g. ClaroRead for Windows.) However, you will NOT be able to to download the software any more – the Network Software option will disappear. While the Network Software option is available you will always find the latest versions of our software there. You can also purchase Upgrade Assurance and this will keep the Network Software option available.
Network licence keys do not come with access to the Cloud web apps.
ClaroRead Cloud Licence Keys
ClaroRead Cloud licence keys are for our ClaroRead Cloud web apps.
When you enter an ClaroRead Cloud Licence Key into ClaroRead Cloud then the ClaroRead Anywhere and ClaroRead Cloud OCR Cloud web apps will appear. You can log in on any tablet, phone or desktop and access and use the web apps.
If you have a site licence Cloud key then the Manage Referrers option will also appear, allowing you to link your website to the Cloud web apps so your users can access them without having to sign in.
Claro Voice Setup is a small Windows program that lets you download and install any of 80 high-quality text-to-speech voices in 30 languages. (Read more…)
Customers owning a site licence or multi-user licence version of a Claro product are able to distribute that product over multiple computers. This could be done by visiting each computer with the installers on a USB pen drive, and manually installing the product, but this would be very time-consuming. If the computers are connected on a network however it is possible to use Microsoft networking tools to distribute the software from a central location.
- If you try to install from a download and get the message “… is not a valid Win32 application” then the download is incomplete. Download and retry – a full download installation can be over 250MB for ClaroRead Plus. If this does not work then try running Disk Cleanup (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools in Windows XP) on your main hard disk (usually C:) and making sure “Temporary Files” is checked.
- As with all software Claro programs work best on updated computers with the latest Microsoft updates. Use Microsoft Windows Update to check your computer is up-to-date: you can select Windows Update from the Tools menu of Internet Explorer and the Microsoft website will guide you through any necessary updates.
- Claro programs use Microsoft Office extensively: enable Office updates as well as Windows updates.
- Try installing the latest Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 6.
- Anti-virus programs can cause problems with installation. If you cannot install a Claro program try disabling your anti-virus program and installing it again.
- If installation is stopped for any reason before it completes you may find that your Claro software does not speak or does not work. Open Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall the Claro Product if it is there. Then try installing again.
- If you receive the message A fatal error occurred during installation and/or the Windows Installer error code 1603 when trying to install Claro software then try Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 834484.