Claro ScanPen for Android version 2.2.1 released September 2018
Version 2.2.1, September 2018
- Updates to run on Android 9.0. Works with android 9.0, also small bug fixes for Samsung devices.
Version 2.2.0, January 2018
- Open From Gallery. You are able to open images and OCR images from the Gallery, this allows you to use your preferred camera app to take pictures.
Version 2.1, September 2017
- Text Sharing. When you select text in ScanPen it is read aloud. You can now also tap on the new Share button and the text will be sent to the other application of your choice. This lets you extract the text from a picture and send it to an email, or document, or message.
- Licence key unlocking. You can now unlock ScanPen for Android by entering a ClaroRead for Windows or Mac licence key, rather than having to purchase the App. This lets ClaroRead for Windows or Mac get ScanPen for Android free.
Version 2.0.6, March 2017
- Now works for photos taken in portrait and landscape view.
- New flash – turn on your flash to provide more light, take a clearer picture and get better scan results. (Settings, Camera Options, Flash).
- Set the speech rate for text-to-speech (faster or slower speaking).
- Quickly access the available Android text-to-speech engines to select the available voices.
Version 1.0.9, 31 October 2016
- Take a photograph, automatic rapid and accurate OCR, then read back the text in the photograph.
- All on the phone – no need for Internet connection.
- Support for English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish.
- Free until 31 December 2016. One-off In-App purchase required thereafter.
- Select by paragraph (block), line or word.
- Select highlight colour.
- Works with native Android (Google) voices, Samsung, Vocalizer, IVONA and Acapela text-to-speech engines.
- Android phone or tablet running 5.0.1 (Lollipop) and above.
- Rear-facing camera.
If you want to use any of the the Vocalizer Voices text-to-speech voices then you must use the Vocalizer Voices app to set the current voice. Setting the voice in ScanPen will have no effect: it will always use the voice selected in Vocalizer Voices. Sept 2017