Last updated September 2017.
Version 3.0.3, September 2017
Version 3, 18 July 2017
- Added support for the Kurzweill KESI file format. You can now open .KES files and convert them to Word or accessible PDF. All of Color Info, Text Bitmap and CPC formats are supported.
- Added support for more input file types: the document formats Word DOC and DOCX and Rich Text RTF.
- You can also open TIFF files with a .TIF file extension, not just .TIFF.
- Simplified PDF output options. Only one PDF option is shown, which defaults to the accessible image-on-PDF format. You can change this by clicking Settings and selecting PDF, but the default accessible version is the best one.
- PDF defaults to the PDF/A archive/accessible format. You can turn this off by clicking Settings and unchecking PDF/A. PDF/A works better in more applications, at the cost of a slightly larger file size.
- Small user interface improvements including a progress bar, new icons and a link to the Help Manual in Settings.
- Administrators can decide which input and outputs (of local, photo, OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox) are available to end users. For example, if you have chosen Google Drive as your preferred cloud storage solution, you can turn off OneDrive and Dropbox so your users are not confused into using the wrong one.
- You can now save to a particular Google Drive folder instead of simply into the Google Drive root.
- You now get a nice suggestion for the output filename based on the input document.
Update to the server OCR system to fix occasional OCR failures.
Version 2, September 2016
Improvements to make ClaroRead Cloud better integrated with cloud services.
- In V1 you could select a file from the local file system or take a photograph. In V2 you can also open documents directly from Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive.
- In V1 your OCR results came back as a file and you handled them in your browser. In V2 you can also save them directly to Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive.
Version 1, August 2014
- Works entirely in the Cloud, so access through any web browser on any computer or device – iPhone, Android, Windows, Apple Mac, Chromebook and more.
- Select a file from your local file system, take a photograph or select an image from your gallery.
- Works with PDF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and other file types.
- Converts the file into accessible PDF, Microsoft Word, or plain text.
- Returns your output file for you to read or save.