You can use any of the Mac system voices with ClaroRead for Mac. There are many extra voices to download and use. (Read more…)
Claro Voice Setup is a small Windows program that lets you download and install any of 80 high-quality text-to-speech voices in 30 languages. (Read more…)
Nuance (previously ScanSoft) SAPI5 RealSpeak Solo voices must all be installed into the same directory on your machine. If this is not followed then the voices will appear in the Speech applet in Control Panel, or in your SAPI5 voice list in your speech-enabled program, but they will not work. This guide tells you how to fix all the RealSpeak voices on your machine.
You will need full admin rights on the local machine and you have to edit the registry.
1 Place all voice files in the same directory
You have to find all the voice files on your machine and move them all to the same directory. You can find them in these ways:
- Do a search on your hard disk(s) for a directory called “speech” which in turn contains the directories “components” and “rssolov4”.
- Perform the registry entry corrections in part 2 and take note of all the paths there.
- Check these locations (“Program Files” may be “Program Files (x86)” on 64-bit machines):
Claro provides many text-to-speech synthesised voices from Acapela, including many Swedish and Scandinavian voices (Matti, Elin, Erik, Ingmar etc.) They should be set up correctly by our latest installers, but if you are experiencing problems then you can try the suggestions below.
Note that the Acapela voices, although SAPI5-compliant, do not show up in the Speech applet in the Windows Control Panel. They only show up in Claro programs.
- Restore Settings (4.1 MB)
- Allows you to to restore the settings of any Claro Software Mac application.
- Claro Mac Voice Downloader (6.5 MB)
- Allows you to install selected Claro Vocalizer Expressive Mac voices (used in ClaroRead V5.2 onwards). These voices will ONLY work with ClaroRead or WordRead Plus.
- Claro Mac Voice Uninstaller (4.2 MB)
- Allows you to uninstall any Claro Vocalizer Expressive Mac voices you have installed (used in ClaroRead V5.2 onwards).
- Claro Mac License Checker (2.7 MB)
- If one of our Mac programs is not working properly when you enter a license key, use this program on a support call so we can gather more information about the problem.