New ClaroMag X App for iOS available now
Claro MagX turns your iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPod Touch or iPad into a powerful high definition visual magnifier.
MagX makes small items look bigger. Make small text in books and newspapers readable, study and photograph small objects and labels, see menus in a dimly lit restaurant.
The wide range of magnification, high contrast and colour viewing options makes the text easier on your eyes.
Claro MagX is developed by experts in low vision technology, and we look to use the power of the iPhone and iPad to provide a high performance cost effective alternative to dedicated hand held video magnifiers.
MagX leverages the power and quality of the iPhone 5 and iPad iSight cameras, high resolution retina displays, large memory, processing power, built in accessibility features and long battery life.
- MagX has 16 levels of magnification with a maximum of 16x times zoom
- MagX uses the high quality front facing iSight camera (iPhone 5 iSight Camera is 8 megapixel resolution, iPad iSight Camera is 5 megapixel resolution)
- MagX takes advantage of the high resolution Retina displays on the iPhone 5 (1136×640 pixel display resolution, 4 inch widescreen) and iPad (2048×1536 pixel display resolution, 9.7 inch backlit)
- Torchlight option using the inbuilt flash (iPhone and iPod Touch only)
- MagX allows a photograph to be taken, capturing a magnified document for later viewing. Photographs are stored in the large iPhone or iPad Photo Gallery, from where they can be zoomed further or edited.
- Advanced visual features include full colour mode, two colour mode and grey scale mode. There is also an invert function to change display contrast.
- The grey scale and two colour mode allows a colour overlay to be chosen from yellow, purple, cyan, red, green or blue.
MagX is easy to use, with a small number of touch controls that are fully Apple iOS VoiceOver speech compliant.
Transmit the magnified image from MagX to a large TV with ease. We recommend Apple TV for easy wireless display of your iPad or iPhone display to any TV with HDMI input.
See more images and videos at www.claro-apps.com
To find out more go to the Claro MagX Web Page