ClaroSpeak™ is the first assistive technology app from Claro Software available on iOS for iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. ClaroSpeak is a high quality text-to-speech reader capable of speaking any accessible text with a range of human high quality voices. ClaroSpeak offers the option of visual highlighting in sync with the spoken words – and a great range of colour and font settings to allow for optimum reading. ClaroSpeak is available in a wide range of languages and voices, for different countries, via the Apple App Store. ClaroSpeak is a quality app for proofreading text through listening, helping with reading and literacy development and creating audio files from any text.
ClaroSpeak V2 new features
- Dropbox support. Open files straight from Dropbox into ClaroSpeak: PDF, Word 2003/2007/2010, Powerpoint 2007/2010, Pages, text and ePub files all import with just a tap. Save text composed and checked in ClaroSpeak to Dropbox. Save text converted to audio to Dropbox. Get notes and documents onto other devices and computers through Dropbox. (Using Dropbox requires Internet connectivity and a Dropbox account.)
- New voices and languages. Choose from 55 voices in 27 different languages and even more accents. The ClaroSpeak app always comes with three or more voices: all additional voices are now available through in-app purchase in ClaroSpeak.
- Echo typing. Hear each sentence as it is finished to immediately proof it. Hear each word as it is finished to check it is the right one. Hear each letter as it is typed while focussing on the keyboard. Communicate by typing and speaking with ClaroSpeak.
- ClaroSpeak settings are now conveniently situated within ClaroSpeak.
- Paged documents. PDF and PowerPoint – can be switched with a swipe between the original page view and the highlighting reading view. See the original with images and layout, listen to the reading view with highlighting and readable font and size.