We have updated our free Chrome extension, ClaroRead Chrome.
Existing users should all have been automatically updated. You can get it now from the Chrome Web Store.
Version 6 includes some new features:
- Read PDFs with highlighting.
- Chrome opens PDF documents in the browser just like web pages. With ClaroRead Chrome you can have these PDFs read back to you with highlighting. Click Play and the whole PDF will be read aloud, sentence by sentence. Of course, the PDF needs to be an accessible non-image PDF for this to work – you may want to check out our ClaroRead Cloud OCR Web App if you need to convert a PDF you find that doesn’t read.
- Read Google Docs extensions with hover or select.
- Google Docs has extensions and add-ons that help you with your writing, such as spell-checking or translation. ClaroRead Chrome will now speak these extensions – just hover over items or select text in them.
- Unlock premium features
- Google for Education and Google for Work admins can deploy ClaroRead Chrome to their users and unlock premium features, including best-quality text-to-speech voices.