The ClaroRead Chrome extension adds speech to any web page you visit, and can read aloud Google Docs with highlighting to let you see where you are up to. ClaroRead Chrome is free with an in-app subscription, Premium, that gives you access to more text-to-speech voices and scan from screen. You can get ClaroRead Chrome Premium with scan from screen and extra voices by in-app purchase or by buying a licence for your organisation. Contact us for details.
- Click Play to read web pages and Google Docs out loud, with highlighting to let you track where you are.
- Scan from screen: draw a rectangle round any text in a page to hear it read aloud - even Google Books, inaccessible PDFs and images of text. (Premium only)
- Read back accessible PDF files opened in Chrome.
- Hover over links or images to read them out or just select text you want to hear and it speaks.
- Choose from dozens of languages and voice to read different web pages in the voice you prefer. (More voices in Premium)
- Echo back letters, words and sentences as you type them to help with proofing.
- Turn on a coloured overly for tinting web pages to help with reading and comfort.
- Choose the text highlight colour that helps you follow along best.
- Use word prediction to help you with getting the right correctly-spelled word when writing.
- Read other Google Docs extensions to maximise effectiveness of all your tools.
- Deploy and administer across your company or school with powerful admin tools.
Help and Documentation
- User Guide
- Complete user guide.
- Release Notes
- Change log of each version - what's new and different.
- Installing Claro Chrome Apps and Extensions Online
- How to get Chrome Apps on your network.
- ClaroRead Chrome Extension Site Policies
- Administering ClaroRead Chrome settings for all your users across you domain.
Any one of:
- Google Chrome browser on Microsoft Windows
- Google Chrome browser on Apple Mac OSX
- Google Chrome browser on Linux