The ClaroSpeak for Chromebook App lets you speak Word and PDF documents out loud and change their appearance to help with reading, and has speech recognition and word prediction and echoes your typing to help with writing.
- Open Microsoft Word DOCX, Adobe PDF, and RTF files to read them back with highlighting so you can understand and proof them. Type your own text from scratch and proof it back by reading it aloud so you can hear any errors.
- Real-sounding synthesized speech to help you proofread and read books and documents in English, Spanish, Swedish, French, Dutch, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Indonesian, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Dutch, Polish, and Portuguese. Make the voice as fast or slow as you like to get through documents faster or let you concentrate on understanding.
- Use speech recognition to speak into your document in English, Spanish, Swedish, French, Dutch, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Indonesian, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Dutch, Polish, and Portuguese.
- Highlight while reading helps you follow the text as it is read out and improve understanding.
- Access to Google Drive, Dropbox, other cloud services and local files so you can access your files and documents anytime, anywhere.
- Word prediction in English and Swedish to support writing by prompting and suggesting, avoiding delays while you search for a word. Hear words spoken so you can select the correct one.
- Echo back letters and words to reassure you that each word typed is correct. Choose letter sounds, not just names, to aid you with spelling and phonetics. Echo back sentences as you type to check sentence structure and flow.
- Select the font colour, background colour, typeface and font size that best suits your reading style. For low vision, choose large fonts, high contrast. For dyslexia, choose a coloured background and a font like Comic Sans. Read back text with comfort and ease just as you like it.
- Use the advanced Google spellcheck to support your composition.
Help and Documentation
- User Guide
- Complete user guide.
- Release Notes
- Change log of what's new and different in each version.
- Installing Claro Chrome Apps and Extensions
- How to get Chrome Apps on your network.
- Google Chrome on Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac OSX