October 2018. (Read more…)
We have lots of programs for lots of users with disabilities, though nowadays we concentrate on print impairments like dyslexia with our ClaroRead range and Apps.
Below is a run-down of our software for other needs. You can always check out Labs (https://www.clarosoftware.com/labs) for other software that might be of interest, or our complete commercial range. https://www.clarosoftware.com/all
Summer 2018. (Read more…)
August 2018. (Read more…)
August 2018. (Read more…)
No speech is heard from your device when you attempt to speak a phrase. (Read more…)
What’s new in V3.0?
- New voices available
- You can now access the higher quality iOS system voices, including male and female variants and the Siri voices, all for free.
- A new range of Acapela kids voices are also available for purchase.
- New font and colour options now accessible from the keyboard font button
- This allows for quicker changing of these settings and allows you to see the changes in real time.
- Drag and drop
- You can now drag text and images to move them to a new location, or to another app.
- Resize images
- Inserted images can now be resized. Tap and hold an image and you’ll get the options to make them smaller or larger.
- Read webpages (Plus only)
- You can now read webpages in Safari and other browsers, using the “Read with ClaroSpeak” extension from the Share menu. This lets you open a webpage and have the text read back with highlighting.
- Auto document detection (Plus only)
- Auto document detection has been added to the camera scree. This feature uses smart technology to detect document shapes in your camera and will automatically crop and deskew your photos to give you the best possible image to OCR.
- New image filters (Plus only)
- Image filters have been added to the image preview screen that can be used to configure your image to get the best possible OCR results.
- Now supports Claro login (Free only)
- Better integration with the iOS Files app
- ClaroSpeak is now fully integrated with the Files app and you can access all of your ClaroSpeak files from the app. Accessing the Files browser from within ClaroSpeak has also been streamlined.
- Bug fixes.
- iOS 9.0 or above.
If you have a ClaroRead Pro or app-specific licence key in your ClaroRead Cloud account, you can login in our iOS apps and activate or unlock the app. You can login by tapping the login button and entering your ClaroRead Cloud username and password.
Similarly, if you are using a licensed domain, you can also use this to log in and unlock our apps.
This login procedure can also be automated, which is useful for organisations that distribute their apps using Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems. This is simple to configure and all that is required, is to configure a settings file and push that out to all devices. (Read more…)
April 2018. (Read more…)
- Access to all of the iOS system voices, including the Siri voices.
- This gives you greater choice, including male and female variants for the same language.
- New camera view, with document detection support.
- Auto mode can automatically crop and deskew your photos to give you the best possible image for creating a PDF.
- Improved support with the Files App and other file sharing apps.
- You can now access and organise all of your PDF files from the On My iPad section in the File app.
- Adds an option to overwrite the existing file when choosing to OCR a PDF.
- This can help to reduce your workflow when creating OCR PDFs.
- Adds an option to lock/unlock an annotation or video in place.
- Improvements to the multimedia player.
- Bug fixes.
- iOS 9.0 or above.
December 2017 (Read more…)
In the 2.0.31 update of our ClaroPDF apps, we upgraded the OCR engine we use on our servers, so that when you use the Convert to Text PDF feature, your returned PDFs will be quicker to download and view as well as being faster when being annotated. This should make the whole conversion process a lot smoother.
Version 1, June 2013
- Zoom up to 16x.
- Tap the viewfinder to freeze the image.
- Change mode (normal, invert, two-colour, greyscale)
- Change colour in two-colour and greyscale mode.
- Activate iPhone or iPod Touch flash as a light (not iPad)
- Take a photo with the current view settings.
- Project display to external monitor.
Version 1.1, July 2013
- Tap viewfinder to freeze image.
Version 1.5, November 2016
- Added pinch to zoom in and out.
Taking photos of documents requires some skill and practice. The characteristics of your camera and shooting conditions are also important. (Read more…)
August 2018 (Read more…)
In ClaroSpeak V2.5 onwards you can bold, italic, underline and add images to your document. If you decide to save, share or export your document, ClaroSpeak will use an RTF or RTFD file. (Read more…)
By default, a lower-quality version of the voice is installed on your device. It is possible to download the enhanced versions of these voices and you can then use them in your Claro app. To do this:
If you have one of our iOS apps which crashes and we cannot replicate it, we will ask you to send us your crash log to see if this provides us with more information. There are a couple of ways of locating a crash log: (Read more…)
You may have a large number of iOS users and want to give them all a paid-for Claro Software App – you want the equivalent of a site licence for iOS Apps. For example, you want every student in your school to have ClaroSpeak on their iPad. Doing it manually – buying the App individually for each iPad – takes a long time and updates will require the users to know the AppStore password. (Read more…)
May 2018 (Read more…)
1. What gestures can I use in ClaroSpeak?
- Pinch over the text area to increase/decrease font size
- Tap the top toolbar while playing = Stop
- Shake device = Clear text
- In normal view mode:
- Swipe from left to right = Play
- Swipe from left to right over the page toolbar = Play
- Swipe from left to right = previous page
- Swipe from right to left = next page
- Swipe from right to left with two fingers (if you have a PDF file open) = show original PDF file
- Swipe from left to right with two fingers (if you have a PDF file open) = hide original PDF file
This may be because your device is set to mute, to check this, do the following:
If in Settings > General > “Use Side Switch to”: is set to Lock Rotation: (Read more…)