August 2018. (Read more…)
If you have a ClaroRead Pro or app-specific licence key in your ClaroRead Cloud account, you can login in our iOS apps and activate or unlock the app. You can login by tapping the login button and entering your ClaroRead Cloud username and password.
Similarly, if you are using a licensed domain, you can also use this to log in and unlock our apps.
This login procedure can also be automated, which is useful for organisations that distribute their apps using Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems. This is simple to configure and all that is required, is to configure a settings file and push that out to all devices. (Read more…)
April 2018. (Read more…)
- Access to all of the iOS system voices, including the Siri voices.
- This gives you greater choice, including male and female variants for the same language.
- New camera view, with document detection support.
- Auto mode can automatically crop and deskew your photos to give you the best possible image for creating a PDF.
- Improved support with the Files App and other file sharing apps.
- You can now access and organise all of your PDF files from the On My iPad section in the File app.
- Adds an option to overwrite the existing file when choosing to OCR a PDF.
- This can help to reduce your workflow when creating OCR PDFs.
- Adds an option to lock/unlock an annotation or video in place.
- Improvements to the multimedia player.
- Bug fixes.
- iOS 9.0 or above.
December 2017 (Read more…)
In the 2.0.31 update of our ClaroPDF apps, we upgraded the OCR engine we use on our servers, so that when you use the Convert to Text PDF feature, your returned PDFs will be quicker to download and view as well as being faster when being annotated. This should make the whole conversion process a lot smoother.
By default, a lower-quality version of the voice is installed on your device. It is possible to download the enhanced versions of these voices and you can then use them in your Claro app. To do this:
If you have one of our iOS apps which crashes and we cannot replicate it, we will ask you to send us your crash log to see if this provides us with more information. There are a couple of ways of locating a crash log: (Read more…)