Summer 2018. (Read more…)
What’s new in V3.0?
- New voices available
- You can now access the higher quality iOS system voices, including male and female variants and the Siri voices, all for free.
- A new range of Acapela kids voices are also available for purchase.
- New font and colour options now accessible from the keyboard font button
- This allows for quicker changing of these settings and allows you to see the changes in real time.
- Drag and drop
- You can now drag text and images to move them to a new location, or to another app.
- Resize images
- Inserted images can now be resized. Tap and hold an image and you’ll get the options to make them smaller or larger.
- Read webpages (Plus only)
- You can now read webpages in Safari and other browsers, using the “Read with ClaroSpeak” extension from the Share menu. This lets you open a webpage and have the text read back with highlighting.
- Auto document detection (Plus only)
- Auto document detection has been added to the camera scree. This feature uses smart technology to detect document shapes in your camera and will automatically crop and deskew your photos to give you the best possible image to OCR.
- New image filters (Plus only)
- Image filters have been added to the image preview screen that can be used to configure your image to get the best possible OCR results.
- Now supports Claro login (Free only)
- Better integration with the iOS Files app
- ClaroSpeak is now fully integrated with the Files app and you can access all of your ClaroSpeak files from the app. Accessing the Files browser from within ClaroSpeak has also been streamlined.
- Bug fixes.
- iOS 9.0 or above.
If you have a ClaroRead Pro or app-specific licence key in your ClaroRead Cloud account, you can login in our iOS apps and activate or unlock the app. You can login by tapping the login button and entering your ClaroRead Cloud username and password.
Similarly, if you are using a licensed domain, you can also use this to log in and unlock our apps.
This login procedure can also be automated, which is useful for organisations that distribute their apps using Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems. This is simple to configure and all that is required, is to configure a settings file and push that out to all devices. (Read more…)
Taking photos of documents requires some skill and practice. The characteristics of your camera and shooting conditions are also important. (Read more…)
In ClaroSpeak V2.5 onwards you can bold, italic, underline and add images to your document. If you decide to save, share or export your document, ClaroSpeak will use an RTF or RTFD file. (Read more…)
By default, a lower-quality version of the voice is installed on your device. It is possible to download the enhanced versions of these voices and you can then use them in your Claro app. To do this:
If you have one of our iOS apps which crashes and we cannot replicate it, we will ask you to send us your crash log to see if this provides us with more information. There are a couple of ways of locating a crash log: (Read more…)
May 2018 (Read more…)
1. What gestures can I use in ClaroSpeak?
- Pinch over the text area to increase/decrease font size
- Tap the top toolbar while playing = Stop
- Shake device = Clear text
- In normal view mode:
- Swipe from left to right = Play
- Swipe from left to right over the page toolbar = Play
- Swipe from left to right = previous page
- Swipe from right to left = next page
- Swipe from right to left with two fingers (if you have a PDF file open) = show original PDF file
- Swipe from left to right with two fingers (if you have a PDF file open) = hide original PDF file
This may be because your device is set to mute, to check this, do the following:
If in Settings > General > “Use Side Switch to”: is set to Lock Rotation: (Read more…)