Using ClaroRead for Mac on macOS Mojave. (Read more…)
September 2018. (Read more…)
ClaroRead for Mac has the same core features as ClaroRead for Windows – speech, scanning/OCR, spellcheck, screen tinting, word prediction – but a slightly smaller feature set. These are generally less-used features, for the obvious reason that if they were popular we would have built them into ClaroRead for Mac already! Read more for a comprehensive list of features. (Read more…)
From 14th April 2018, Apple will begin issuing an alert box when you open a 32-bit app in MacOS 10.13.4. (Read more…)
March 2018. (Read more…)
May 2017. (Read more…)
You can use any of the Mac system voices with ClaroRead for Mac. There are many extra voices to download and use. (Read more…)
October 2016. (Read more…)
December 2015 (Read more…)
September 2015 (Read more…)
When you try to install ClaroRead for Mac (or any other Claro Mac apps) on your Mac, you may see the error message “ClaroRead for Mac” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed when you try to run it. (Read more…)
23 July 2014.
2 October 2012.
- When spell checking in Word 2011, selecting a word from the list of suggestions and clicking change does not update Word with the new spelling but just moves onto the next spelling error.
To get Readiris Pro to work with the Plustek OpticBook 3800 scanner you will need to do the following: (Read more…)
20 December 2011
- Saving to audio using ClaroRead V4 and a Mac voice on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) quits early and a 4KB file is left which contains no audio.
- Nothing happens when you press the keyboard shortcut for Play and Stop
- Nothing happens when you try to complete a word using prediction using the F-keys
- The “Speak objects under mouse” option is selected but nothing gets read out under the mouse pointer.
- Keyboard echo is not working.
- When prediction is switched on, typing does not bring up the prediction window.
This happens when you install the latest version over an old version. Please delete the Claroread application and re-run the latest installer.
An update to ClaroRead V4 is required to allow it to work with Word 2011, please download and run ClaroUp to update.