What’s new in V3.0?
- New voices available
- You can now access the higher quality iOS system voices, including male and female variants and the Siri voices, all for free.
- A new range of Acapela kids voices are also available for purchase.
- New font and colour options now accessible from the keyboard font button
- This allows for quicker changing of these settings and allows you to see the changes in real time.
- Drag and drop
- You can now drag text and images to move them to a new location, or to another app.
- Resize images
- Inserted images can now be resized. Tap and hold an image and you’ll get the options to make them smaller or larger.
- Read webpages (Plus only)
- You can now read webpages in Safari and other browsers, using the “Read with ClaroSpeak” extension from the Share menu. This lets you open a webpage and have the text read back with highlighting.
- Auto document detection (Plus only)
- Auto document detection has been added to the camera scree. This feature uses smart technology to detect document shapes in your camera and will automatically crop and deskew your photos to give you the best possible image to OCR.
- New image filters (Plus only)
- Image filters have been added to the image preview screen that can be used to configure your image to get the best possible OCR results.
- Now supports Claro login (Free only)
- Better integration with the iOS Files app
- ClaroSpeak is now fully integrated with the Files app and you can access all of your ClaroSpeak files from the app. Accessing the Files browser from within ClaroSpeak has also been streamlined.
- Bug fixes.
- iOS 9.0 or above.
April 2018. (Read more…)
March 2018. (Read more…)
This page contains all the release notes for ClaroCapture for PC.
- Access to all of the iOS system voices, including the Siri voices.
- This gives you greater choice, including male and female variants for the same language.
- New camera view, with document detection support.
- Auto mode can automatically crop and deskew your photos to give you the best possible image for creating a PDF.
- Improved support with the Files App and other file sharing apps.
- You can now access and organise all of your PDF files from the On My iPad section in the File app.
- Adds an option to overwrite the existing file when choosing to OCR a PDF.
- This can help to reduce your workflow when creating OCR PDFs.
- Adds an option to lock/unlock an annotation or video in place.
- Improvements to the multimedia player.
- Bug fixes.
- iOS 9.0 or above.
December 2017 (Read more…)
In the 2.0.31 update of our ClaroPDF apps, we upgraded the OCR engine we use on our servers, so that when you use the Convert to Text PDF feature, your returned PDFs will be quicker to download and view as well as being faster when being annotated. This should make the whole conversion process a lot smoother.
Version 3, December 2017. (Read more…)
Version 1.0.1, February 2016 (Read more…)
A list of our releases over the years. (Read more…)
ClaroPDF for Android version 1.0.6 released January 2018 (Read more…)
- Support for Dedicon protected PDF files.
- Works on macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) and above.
- Initial release.
- ClaroSpeak for Mac is an easy-to-use reader for Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word DOCX and other text files, and is included with ClaroRead for Mac.
ClaroRead 7.3.7 released 19 February 2018.
August 2017. (Read more…)
Version 2.0.4 released 6 December 2017.
May 2017. (Read more…)
Find out what your licence key can get you by using our Licence Key Lookup. This tells you what your licence key is for, and gives download links and the number of times you have used your key.
If you have activated your software and need to find out what the key is, check our Finding Your Licence Key article.
- Licence Keys in ClaroRead Cloud. An explanation of our different licence keys and how they work.
April 2017. Last updated August 2017
ClaroRead 7.2.36, 7 July 2017. (Read more…)
Claro MagVR for Google Cardboard version 1.0.2 released January 13th 2017 (Read more…)
Claro ScanPen for Android version 2.2.0 released January 2018 (Read more…)
Last updated September 2017.
October 2016. (Read more…)
Latest version 12, December 2017 (Read more…)
ClaroRead 7.1.21 (with Scan2Text 5.2.5 and Access2Text 1.1.3, Advanced Settings Editor 3.2.6). Released August 2016.
ClaroUp is our automatic software update program. It only runs when you run a Claro program: it doesn’t run in the background, or when Windows starts up. So it’s quite unobtrusive.
It also doesn’t show itself if the current user is not an Admin on the machine, so it should not bother users on networks or locked-down machines.
However, you may want to disable it entirely. You can do this by writing a per-machine registry key: (Read more…)
December 2015 (Read more…)
December 2016. (Read more…)
September 2015 (Read more…)
January 2018 (Read more…)
Version 13 released December 2017.
First version 7.0.16, with Scan2Text version 5.1.17, shipped 17 August 2015. (Read more…)
20 Feb 2015
How to get updates for your Claro software (Read more…)
23 July 2014.
29 April 2013.
14 March 2013.
2 October 2012.
25 September 2012
May 2018 (Read more…)
12 March 2012
16 Jan 2012
20 December 2011