ClaroRead and other Claro Software products:
- Are compatible with Citrix, Terminal Services and other standard network and Windows technologies.
- Can be deployed and patched using Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI), ActiveDirectory, RemoteDesktop (RDP) and Citrix.
- Have been deployed using Citrix successfully at customer sites.
We have written extensive documentation:
- Running programs over the network (thin client, Citrix or Terminal Services)
- Installing Claro software on your network (Active Directory, scripts)
- Network Installation Guide
Specific FAQs for system administrators
- All our installers are Windows Installer MSIs. We create advertised shortcuts. There are no Custom Scripts in the MSIs and they comply with Microsoft guidelines, so they’re clean and simple to install.
- Dependencies are all standard Microsoft items – Visual C++ runtimes and .Net frameworks and SAPI5.
- We have an optional client-based update mechanism, but that is usually not appropriate for network installs.
- We do not ship MSP patch updates, though we can do: generally we just provide the latest updated Windows Installer MSI to admins, which keeps things simpler for everyone.
- Of course, this assumes that we have a commercially-agreed updates policy. Check with your Licence Manager.
This page was last updated on 5th May 2021.