Claro Keyboard Release Notes
Latest release: Version 2.0.4 released December 2020
|Product Manager & Developer|
Version 2.0.4 released 7 December 2020
Version 2.0.4 is a small update that adds a new flag button to the keyboard. You can tap this button to quickly switch the keyboard languages between British English, Swedish and Norwegian. This will change:
- The language of the keyboard UI.
- The language of the voice you are using.
- The language of the prediction dictionary you are using.
Version 2 massively improves the word prediction feature in Claro Keyboard:
- Includes subject specific dictionaries such as sciences, business studies and mathematics. This can help you get more relevant prediction suggestions when writing about particular topics.
- Word prediction can now predict homophones as you type, which can aid in typing accuracy.
- Phonetic prediction has been improved so that you can get more phonetic corrections added to your prediction suggestions.
- Phonetic prediction now also supports partial corrections, e.g if you type “Bisy” you should see the word “Bicycle” predicted.
- Word prediction is now shared with the ClaroSpeak app, so learned words typed in ClaroSpeak app or with the Keyboard app will appear in both apps.
Claro Keyboard 2 also adds letter sounds for English, so you can hear sound representations of how English letters should be spoken.
Version 1 released 10 October 2019. Blog Post: Not Your Typical Keyboard
- Voices – access any of high-quality voices to customise how the app reads back to you.
- Typing echo – Claro Keyboard can speak back what you type; great for on-the-go proof-reading.
- Word prediction – get access to our smart word prediction that can help you as you type. Prediction in Claro Keyboard also supports picture clarification, which can help if you are not sure which word is the correct one.
- Tap and play – tap anywhere in to an area where you can type and you can press the play button on the Claro Keyboard toolbar. The app will then read back the text from where you tapped.
- Dictionary lookup – select a word/phrase or tap in to some text and you can tap the dictionary button to get a definition and picture description of that word or phrase.
This page was last updated on 8th December 2020.