ClaroCapture Mac Release Notes
Latest release: Version 2.0, September 2020.
|Lead Developer & Product Manager|
Released 15th September, 2020. Blog Post: ClaroRead Mac 8 Release
- Dock the toolbar to the top of the screen (in the menu bar). This lets you capture from screen and capture selected text with the main ClaroCapture toolbar hidden. Less visual disruption while collecting your references.
- Export to RTF.
- Capture directly from clipboard.
- Create a new, blank item directly from the toolbar.
- Drag and drop a file (docx, pages, rtf, txt, pdf) onto an item to have the whole document added to the item automatically.
- Add audio notes to items, like Windows.
- Drag and drop audio files (.wav) onto items to add them as an audio note.
- Indent and outdent items, like Windows.
- Updated file format allowing you to be able to open and save projects between Windows and Mac. More interoperability between platforms.
- Apple macOS 10.13 or above
- 4GB RAM
- 60MB hard disk space
Version 1.5 released 10 September 2019
- Fully compatible with the new macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Updated icons
Version 1.4 released 18 February 2019
- App is now notarized to comply with Apple’s enhanced security.
Version 1.3 released 24 September 2018. Blog Post: New Features and Improvements for ClaroCapture for Mac
New Features & Improvements
- Capture text from screen is available if you have ClaroRead also installed.
- This lets you draw a box around some text on the screen and ClaroCapture will convert it to text and insert it in a new item.
- Items captured using Capture highlighted text from Word will keep their colours when using Export project to Word.
- ClaroCapture will work with new macOS Mojave (10.14)
- You will need to allow ClaroCapture to access the programs it’s capturing text from.
- Mac OSX 10.11 or above
- 2GB RAM
- 50MB hard disk space
Version 1.2 released 25 July 2017
- Minor improvements / bug fixes.
- Application is now 64-bit.
Version 1.1 released 22 April 2015
- Added support for new Adobe Acrobat Reader (will mark capture up as “PDF” correctly).
- Added source support for Google Chrome, Preview and Pages.
- Fixed Word 2016 bug where the source didn’t get the document’s full path.
- Updated to use Cocoa API (instead of Carbon).
- Updated help file to latest config to ensure searching works.
- Other minor improvements/updates.
Version 1 released 2009
This page was last updated on 16th September 2020.