This page contains all the release notes for ClaroCapture Windows.
Version 6, In Development
- New Sources page, providing better management over sources.
- File caching, storing local copies of sources for faster loading and portability.
Version 5.1.2, In Development
- Capture highlighted text straight from ClaroPDF and categorise into the different colours.
- Source links are now uniform and hyperlinked.
- Horizontal scrolling added for large captured images that have small amounts of text.
- Fixed bug that allowed captures with no text to be created.
- Fixed bug that only allowed exporting audio notes when also exporting headings.
Version 5.0.6, In Development
- New ribbon interface. Provides modern appearance similar to Microsoft Office.
- Fixed bug with ClaroCapture crashing when attempting to perform a Screen Capture.
- Screen Capture now works in multi-screen environments.
- Supports multiple languages. ClaroCapture monitors ClaroRead’s installed language before choosing its own language.
Version 4.0.5, December 2017
- Capture text out of images, pictures and other graphics on the screen (e.g. Google Books) with OCR. Requires ClaroRead to be installed.
- Capture straight from clipboard.
- Save to RTF (rich text format) to allow ClaroCapture projects to be used in other programs (e.g. OpenOffice)
Version 3, April 2013
- Supports dragging and dropping items into the capture list.
- Capturing from Firefox and Chrome now also captures the address of the current web page, just like it does in Internet Explorer.
Version 3.0.31, April 2015
Version 3.0.33, October 2015
- Fixed helpfiles opening on non-English versions.
Version 3.0.44, August 2016
- Fixed bugs when project filename has a space in it.
Version 2, August 2011
- Image capturing
- Works when capturing from Word or WordPad, from Internet Explorer you have to manually drag in the picture.
- Screengrabs – captures an area of the screen as a picture. Capture > Capture screen section.
- Undo/redo on edit menu – can undo/redo adding, deleting, moving, in/outdenting and typing in items.
- Export in a format to create a bibliography in Word 2007. Switch on Settings > Exporting > Create bibliography in Word.
- Export to Word and create a Table of Contents. Switch on Settings > Exporting > Create table of contents in Word.
- Choose to export items headings or not. Settings > Exporting > Export item headings
- Add blank new item. Allows users to drag in or paste their own text/files/pictures. File > New Item.
- Audio Notes – allow you you add an audio note to each item. Item’s More button > Audio note > Record/Play/Stop/Save/Delete.
- Image capturing
- Subitems – indent or outdent items, one level. Item’s More button > Indent/Outdent.
- If capturing from a saved Word document, ClaroCapture now records the file’s path as the Source (in version 1 it only remembered website addresses from Internet Explorer).
- System Tray icon allows you to use ClaroCapture from the system tray.
- Can export project to the new mindmapping program from Claro, ClaroIdeas. Sent project to.. > ClaroIdeas (if installed)
- If you’ve captured highlighted text from Word and you export the project to Word or Powerpoint the colours are exported too.
- You can set which action the Capture button performs by default. Settings > Capture button default action
- New item keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl + Tab = Indent
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab = Outdent
- Ctrl + Delete = Delete item
- Ctrl + Shift + Home = Move to top
- Ctrl + Shift + PgUp = Move up
- Ctrl + Shift + PgDown = Move down
- Ctrl + Shift + End = Move to bottom
- Ctrl + R = Record audio note
- Ctrl + P = Play audio note
- Ctrl + Esc = Stop playing audio note
- Ctrl + Return = View source