ClaroRead 6.5 for Windows PC was released 28 April 2014.
New and improved features
- Much faster screen scanning and capture (Plus and Pro versions).
- Improved support for newer scanners (Plus and Pro versions).
- Improved PDF reading (start position and scrolling).
- “Stop after sentence” now works in Adobe Reader as well as Microsoft Word.
- Added Swedish and French phonetic prediction.
- BookReader and Claro AudioNote now appear in the Extras menu if installed.
- Faster scanning when preview and proofing turned off.
- The authenticated version will ask for the key to be entered during installation even when installing over a previously activated version.
- Homophones which only differ in case (e.g. “March”, “march”) cannot be added to the homophone list using the Advanced Settings Editor.
- If there are two or more PDF files?open in Internet Explorer, only the first one will read and highlight.
- Muting the USB version of ClaroRead causes any audio files produced whilst muted to be silent.
- ClaroRead Plus and ClaroRead Pro require both the Visual Studio 2005 (C++ 8.0) and Visual Studio 2010 (C++ 10.0) runtimes. Microsoft Downloads