Release notes for ClaroRead Chrome Extension
Version 1, May 2014
- Web Speech API voices
- Online server voices
- Speak on mouse select (including Google Docs)
- Speak on mouse hover
- Echo characters while typing
- Use letter sounds instead of characters (Swedish only)
Version 2, 20 April 2015
- Speed control on Web Speech API voices
- Speech with synchronized sentence highlighting (Click and play)
- Coloured overlay, user-defined colour and opacity
Version 3, 21 May 2015
- Speed control for online server voices
- Echo characters in Google Docs
Version 3.1, 14 August 2015
- Echo words in general web pages and Google Docs
- Echo sentences in general web pages and Google Docs
- Renamed from “ClaroSpeak” to “ClaroRead”
- Highlighting in Google Docs.
- Made public in Chrome Web Store.
Version 3.1.4, 14 September 2015
- Improved reading in Google Docs and other pages.
Version 6, 25 February 2016
- Read PDF files with highlighting.
- Read Google Docs extensions with hover or select.
- Unlock premium features (high-quality TTS voices) for Google for Education and Work site licence customers.
Version 7, 22 March 2016
- Scan from screen (Premium only).
- Read Google Docs annotations.
- Unlock Premium features with licence key.
Version 8, 2 August 2016
- Choose your text highlighting colour.
- Word prediction.
- Click-to-play now speaks until you click Stop.
Version 9, 10 November 2016
- System administrators can now manage ClaroRead Chrome centrally for their users with a special control panel. Site policies
- You can now buy a ClaroRead Chrome Premium subscription through the Google Web Store.
Version 10, 24 February 2017
- (Premium) Microsoft Office 365 Word now has reading with highlighting.
- (Premium) Swedish Emil, Filip, Emma and Freja voices added to Premium.
Version 11, 4 May 2017
- ClaroRead Chrome now reads back Google Slides with highlighting.
- Prediction now supports phonetics in Swedish, so “sj” brings up “just”.
- Prediction now also supports French, German, Spanish, Polish, and Arabic.
- Predictions remain visible even if you keep typing past three characters (so long as they match).
Version 12, May 2017
- Fixes to some PDFs not loading correctly.
Version 13, 3 July 2017
- You can now find a Scanning/OCR button on a dropdown below the Scan from Screen button. This allows access to online document conversion using our ClaroRead Cloud OCR service. A ClaroRead Cloud account is required.
- Unlocking ClaroRead Chrome with a licence key requires assent to our EULA.
- ClaroRead Chrome will not load PDF files (it will leave that to Chrome) if ClaroRead Chrome speech options (“Click and Play”, echo, speak on mouse select, speak on mouse hover) are all turned off.
- ClaroRead Chrome Premium users will now find that their Premium features are still available offline.
- Final fixes to some PDFs not loading correctly