Latest version 12, December 2017
Version 12.1.11, 11 January 2018
- Speech recognition is now a free feature.
Version 12.1.9, 19 December 2017
- New Premium features. These can be unlocked with a site licence purchase from Claro Software. Premium features include:
- Speech recognition to enable dictation into the App.
- Convert image and PDF files to accessible PDF to allow you to read inaccessible files and ebooks.
- Open Dedicon DRM PDF files, allowing you read workbooks and other ebooks from the Dedicon service in the Netherlands.
- Updates to translations for Norwegian, Danish and French, and word prediction in Dutch.
Version 9.0.10, 7 June 2016
- Opens and displays PDF files for reading with highlighting. Includes a thumbnail view for fast navigation, printing, and full text search. Requires accessible PDF files for reading with highlighting.
- Open and display Microsoft Word DOCX files and rich text RTF files for reading with highlighting and editing.
- Supports speech recognition for dictation without spelling errors in English, Spanish, Swedish, French, Dutch, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Indonesian, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Dutch, Polish, and Portuguese.
- Change voice speed for your text-to-speech voice so you can listen at the speed that suits you.
- Echo sentences as you type them so you can check they sound right.
- Dictionary lookup now adds German, French and Spanish support.
- Highlights text, not background, so easier to follow text as is it read aloud.
Version 3.2.12, 17 June 2015
- Real-sounding synthesized speech in twelve languages to help you proofread and read books and documents.
- Highlight while reading helps you follow the text as it is read out and improve understanding.
- Access to Google Drive, Dropbox, other cloud services and local files so you can access your files and documents anytime, anywhere.
- Word prediction in English and Swedish to support writing by prompting and suggesting, avoiding delays while you search for a word. Hear words spoken so you can select the correct one.
- Echo back letters and words to reassure you that each word typed is correct. Choose letter sounds, not just names, to aid you with spelling and phonetics.
- Select the font colour, background colour, typeface and font size that best suits your reading style. For low vision, choose large fonts, high contrast. For dyslexia, choose a coloured background and a font like Comic Sans. Read back text with comfort and ease just as you like it.
- Use the advanced Google spellcheck to support your composition.