Mac System Voices
You can use any of the Mac system voices with ClaroRead for Mac. There are many extra voices to download and use. To do this:
- Open your Mac’s System Preferences.
- Select Accessibility:
- Select Speech on the left:
- Click on the voice list and select Customize…
- A list of extra downloadable voices will appear. Check the ones you would like to download. Keep the Upgrade to enhanced quality box checked to be able to have the best quality voice downloaded (this will take up more disk space though).
- The voices will now be downloaded. Once completed, restart ClaroRead for Mac and they will now appear in the ClaroRead voice settings list.