How to get ClaroRead Cloud out to your users.
- Download this guide for offline reference (PDF)
- YouTube video of how to provision by linking from your website.
You get ClaroRead Cloud services, like ClaroRead Cloud OCR and ClaroSpeak Web, through completing two steps. First, provision your own administrator account. Then decide how to provision your users (staff and/or students).
Step 1: Provision your own administrator account
You should have received a ClaroRead Cloud Licence Key for the apps and services you want to use. Contact email@example.com if you haven’t.
Now you must log in to ClaroRead Cloud to enable Cloud. You have two mechanisms:
- If you have a username and password:
- Go to www.clarosoftware.com/login and enter your username and password
- Supply an email address (for resetting your password if you lose it).
- If you only have a licence key:
- Go to www.clarosoftware.com/login and create a ClaroRead Cloud account. We recommend using a work email address corresponding to your institution domain name, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org for www.westhaven.edu. You will have to give the email address and password to anyone responsible for administering the Cloud account.
- Now you must enter your ClaroRead Cloud Licence Key to unlock the services and apps for this licence key.
You can log in again any time to see usage information for your institution and staff, add more keys to unlock more services and apps, or administer services for your users.
Step 2: Provision your users
We want to make it as easy as possible for your users to access ClaroRead Cloud. You have two options. You can link ClaroRead Cloud to your own website, which is more work for you to set up but easier for your students and staff: or you can simply create a username and password to give out to anyone who needs it.
1 Link from your own website’s user system (Recommended)
If your users already log in to your website using a username/password, then you can simply link from your website to our ClaroRead Cloud services and apps. All you have to do is register the URL or URLs from which the users will be coming – that is, the page on which you’ll put the links to ClaroRead Cloud. You do this by logging in to ClaroRead Cloud and selecting the Manage Referrers option. This will bring up a simple text entry form:
Enter the URL or URLs from which your users will come and click Add. You will then see the referrer URL listed. For example, the University of Westhaven has a student e-learning system at www.westhaven.edu/students. The Westhaven administrator puts the links to the ClaroRead Cloud services on a page at www.westhaven.edu/students/apps.html, and registers www.westhaven.edu/students/ URL in Manage Referrers. Now students can log in to the Westhaven site and simply follow the links on the www.westhaven.edu/students/apps.html page to the ClaroRead Cloud apps and services: no additional log-ins are required. Here is what the University of Westhaven admin sees when she logs in to Manage Referrers:
Link directly from your website to the URLs provided in Manage Referrers. If in doubt, use ClaroRead Anywhere.
Help finding out your referrer ID: If you you’re confused as to what your referrer ID should be, follow these simple steps:
- On your webpage where you want to link to ClaroRead Cloud, put a link to https://www.clarospeakweb.com.
- Follow the link and you’ll see the ClaroRead Anywhere sign-in page.
- Do View Source in your web browser.
- Immediately after the body tag you’ll see an HTML comment with the referrer ID from your web page. This is the value you put into Manage Referrers.
You can get more information about how the referrer URL is used by clicking “What is this?” in Manage Referrers.
You can track usage across all your users in ClaroRead Cloud, but you will not be able to break out individual users.
2 Distribute a username and password to your end users
You may find it simpler to have a username and password to give out to your users. You can get this from your admin Cloud account.
- Log in to ClaroRead Cloud.
- Click on Student and Staff Access.
- Set the password you want to use and (optionally) change the default username.
- Click Submit.
You can now simply give the username and password to your staff and students and point them at the ClaroRead Cloud login page at https://www.clarosoftware.com/login. When they log in they will see downloads and web apps but not all your admin functions.