Readiris Pro and OpticBook 3800 Scanner
To get Readiris Pro to work with the Plustek OpticBook 3800 scanner you will need to do the following:
- Download the OpticBook 3800 Image Capture driver from the Plustek driver page?(make sure it is the “Image Capture” driver)
- Install the downloaded driver, this will include a system restart
- Plug in the scanner and turn it on
- Run Readiris
- From the menu at the top select Readiris > Preferences
- Check “Enable Image Capture Scanners” and then select "Plustek OpticBook 3800", click OK
- In Readiris, click “Scan”
- The OpticBook driver window will now appear, once the overview is complete, change the resolution setting to 300 dpi (best for OCR), check “Use Custom Size” and set “Auto selection” to “Detect Enclosing Box”. Click Scan.
Note: If the overview is blank or displays incorrect colours, try quitting Readiris and switching the scanner off and back on again.
- Your page will now be scanned into Readiris. To complete the OCR process, click “Recognize + Save”