Scan2Text Release Notes
Latest release: Version 5 released August 2014
Version 7 Under Development
- Updated Omnipage engine to version 20.2 to provide better support for the latest scanners and better OCR results.
- Add support for ePub.
- New Dutch version.
Version 5 released 11 August 2014
New and Improved Features
- Updated Omnipage engine to version 18.6 provides better support for the latest scanners and better OCR results.
- Add new pages/scans to your document in Preview or Proofing so you can combine documents and scans easily.
- Scan from .doc and .docx files
- Taskbar menu in Windows 7 and 8 allows fast access to scanning functions with a right-click.
- Additional shortcuts in the start menu to allow fast access to scanning functions by typing the command you want.
- Save and load a scan in the Preview window (not Proofing) so you can amend what is to be recognized and its reading order, output, check the results, then go back and edit again without having to start from the beginning.
- Vista, 7 or 8; or Windows Server 2003, 2008 or 2012. Believed to work in Windows XP.
- Microsoft Word 2007, 2010 or 2013 to open .DOC and .DOCX files.
- 210MB hard disk space
- 500MB RAM (in addition to that required by the OS and other software) – More may be required for very large documents.
- .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (included in the single-user version)
- Some of the labels of the save-as options for PDF files are illegible.
- You cannot save as a password-protected PDF file.