ScreenRuler V2 doesn’t work very well on Windows 7 64-bit systems, for example some users experience the ruler as a black bar across the screen. In order to fix this, please upgrade to V3 by downloading and running ClaroUp – our updater program.
If you find ScreenRuler V3 runs quite sluggish, it may be because a mirror display driver is stopping it from working properly. Another symptom is that you won’t be able to use the Aero theme in Windows. Mirror display drivers are used in software such as Jaws, while we don’t anticipate many end users to have both Jaws and ScreenRuler on the same computer, this may occur on assessor or accessment centre computers. To get ScreenRuler to work properly, you will need to disable the mirror display driver. To do this:
- Click the Start button
- Right click on “Computer”
- Select “Manage”
- Select “Device Manager” on the left hand side
- Click to expand “Display adapters”
- You should now see an entry that mentions “mirror driver”, right click on that and select “Disable”
- A computer restart will be suggested. Do this and then ScreenRuler should work again.