ScreenRuler Mac Release Notes
Latest release: Version 3.2, May 2022.
Version 3.2 released 31st May 2022.
- User feedback request: underline minimum size to be smaller. It can now go as low as 1 pixel!
- User feedback request: have a status bar icon in the top toolbar (next to the clock). Easy to access the ruler types, preferences and quit ScreenRuler!
- If you would also like to remove ScreenRuler from the Dock at the bottom you can run this command in Terminal:
defaults write com.clarosoftware.ScreenRuler ShowInDock -bool false
Version 3.1 released 28th March 2022.
- Minor updates to the app and licensing.
- Added Google Analytics so we can better understand how users use our apps. No data collected is personal or can be traced back to the user.
Version 3.0 released 20th April 2021.
- Universal app build (Intel and ARM). Future-proofing our apps.
- Minor updates.
Version 2.2 released 15th September 2020.
- Compatible with the new macOS 11 Big Sur.
- New Big Sur-style app icon.
Version 2.1 released 24 September 2019.
- Compatible with the new macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Version 2 released May 2019.
- The ScreenRuler overlay now sits on top of all of the display, including system menu items and the ClaroRead toolbar.
Version 1.5 released February 2019.
- App is now notarized to comply with Apple’s enhanced security.
Version 1.4.6 Released January 2018.
- Application now accepts ClaroView license keys to unlock the demo version, as well as its own ScreenRuler keys.
Version 1.4 released June 2017.
- Application is now 64-bit.
Version 1.3 released October 2016.
- Updated to using the Cocoa API from Carbon.
Version 1.2 released July 2011.
- Full compatibility with Mac OSX Lion.
Version 1.1 released November 2010.
- Added underline and overlay modes.
Version 1 released 2009.
- Initial Release.
This page was last updated on 21st July 2022.