If you have a ClaroRead Pro or app-specific licence key in your ClaroRead Cloud account, you can login in our iOS apps and activate or unlock the app. You can login by tapping the login button and entering your ClaroRead Cloud username and password.
Similarly, if you are using a licensed domain, you can also use this to log in and unlock our apps.
This login procedure can also be automated, which is useful for organisations that distribute their apps using Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems. This is simple to configure and all that is required, is to configure a settings file and push that out to all devices. (more…)
Version 2.0 May 2019 Adds edge detection to make everything really stand out for people with vision problems. Now fully supports all Retina displays. Bug fixes. Version 1.5, November 2016 Added pinch to zoom in and out. Version 1.1, July 2013 Tap viewfinder to freeze image. Version 1, June 2013 Read more…
By default, a lower-quality version of the voice is installed on your device. It is possible to download the enhanced versions of these voices and you can then use them in your Claro app. To do this:
You may have a large number of iOS users and want to give them all a paid-for Claro Software App – you want the equivalent of a site licence for iOS Apps. For example, you want every student in your school to have ClaroSpeak on their iPad. Doing it manually – buying the App individually for each iPad – takes a long time and updates will require the users to know the AppStore password. (more…)
1. What gestures can I use in ClaroSpeak?
- Pinch over the text area to increase/decrease font size
- Tap the top toolbar while playing = Stop
- Shake device = Clear text
- In normal view mode:
- Swipe from left to right = Play
- Swipe from left to right over the page toolbar = Play
- Swipe from left to right = previous page
- Swipe from right to left = next page
- Swipe from right to left with two fingers (if you have a PDF file open) = show original PDF file
- Swipe from left to right with two fingers (if you have a PDF file open) = hide original PDF file
This may be because your device is set to mute, to check this, do the following:
If in Settings > General > “Use Side Switch to”: is set to Lock Rotation: (more…)