September 2018. (Read more…)
September 2018. (Read more…)
You can use any of the Mac system voices with ClaroRead for Mac. There are many extra voices to download and use. (Read more…)
When you try to install ClaroRead for Mac (or any other Claro Mac apps) on your Mac, you may see the error message “ClaroRead for Mac” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed when you try to run it. (Read more…)
How to get updates for your Claro software (Read more…)
To get Readiris Pro to work with the Plustek OpticBook 3800 scanner you will need to do the following: (Read more…)
If the TeamViewer connection freezes a lot, try the following:
- Open TeamViewer
- Click on Extras
- Click on Options
- Click on Advanced Tab
- Click on “Show Advanced options” button
- Uncheck the “Enable UDP” option
- All or some of the voices which begin with “Claro” don’t work
- All or some of the voices which begin with “Claro” don’t show up in ClaroRead’s Speech settings tab.
This usually means some of the voice files have been deleted somewhere, run the Claro voice remover program to remove the trouble voices and then reinstall ClaroRead (and voices) from disk.
Readiris will work with any scanner which comes with a Mac TWAIN driver and that works with the Mac’s “Image Capture” program.
This is caused by disk permissions not being correctly set. Run Disk Utility and repair your hard drive.
If you want to back up your Claro product settings, navigate to Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Preferences and copy the relevant “com.claro…” settings files.
- Nothing happens when you press the keyboard shortcut for Play and Stop
- Nothing happens when you try to complete a word using prediction using the F-keys
- The “Speak objects under mouse” option is selected but nothing gets read out under the mouse pointer.
- Keyboard echo is not working.
- When prediction is switched on, typing does not bring up the prediction window.
This happens when you install the latest version over an old version. Please delete the Claroread application and re-run the latest installer.
- Restore Settings (4.1 MB)
- Allows you to to restore the settings of any Claro Software Mac application.
- Claro Mac Voice Downloader (6.5 MB)
- Allows you to install selected Claro Vocalizer Expressive Mac voices (used in ClaroRead V5.2 onwards). These voices will ONLY work with ClaroRead or WordRead Plus.
- Claro Mac Voice Uninstaller (4.2 MB)
- Allows you to uninstall any Claro Vocalizer Expressive Mac voices you have installed (used in ClaroRead V5.2 onwards).
- Claro Mac License Checker (2.7 MB)
- If one of our Mac programs is not working properly when you enter a license key, use this program on a support call so we can gather more information about the problem.
An update to ClaroRead V4 is required to allow it to work with Word 2011, please download and run ClaroUp to update.
V1.2.4, July 2017
Minor improvements / bug fixes.
V1.4.6, January 2018
Application now accepts ClaroView license keys to unlock the demo version, as well as its own ScreenRuler keys.
V1.2.5, January 2018
Application now accepts ScreenRuler license keys to unlock the demo version, as well as its own ClaroView keys.