- “I try to start ClaroRead or WordRead but it only gets to about 75% of the progress bar and the form never actually appears.”
- “ClaroRead just won’t start: it flashes then disappears.”
- “Nothing happens when I double-click the ClaroRead icon.”
- “ClaroRead or WordRead crashes with a message about LHCOM02w.dll.”
- “Save to audio crashes.”
- Run ClaroRead, will not start up.
- ClaroRead uses speech: broken speech systems will stop ClaroRead working. Try the tests on Fixing Problems with Speech and fix any problems you find first.
- If you are on Windows Server, and/or receive a Windows error message about an application error (rather than the program hanging), or you receive a Windows error message about “Data Execution Prevention”, or you see the exception code 0xC000041D in Windows Application Event log, see Cure 2
- Download and run SAPI4Test.exe, get error message “Component ‘Xvoice.dll’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.” or one or more voices do not work. See Cure 1
- If ClaroRead displays a message “Invalid Hard Disk!” while loading and will not go any further then you may have the Windows Script Host disabled or broken, see Cure 3.
- If ClaroRead gets about one-third of the way loaded and then hangs, and also you cannot play any audio on your computer, then see Cure 4.