View All Articles
Download for Windows Download for Mac TeamViewer lets Claro Software support staff access and fix your computer over the Internet. Please download the program and call technical support on 01772 978096 with your TeamViewer ID, TeamViewer password and description of Read more…
ClaroRead for Mac has the same core features as ClaroRead for Windows – speech, scanning/OCR, spellcheck, screen tinting, word prediction – but a slightly smaller feature set. These are generally less-used features, for the obvious reason that if they were popular we would have built them into ClaroRead for Mac already! (more…)
Our licence key (or license key) versions of ClaroRead require a licence key before they will run. This is time-consuming to install by hand across many machines. (more…)
What is the Browser Cache?
What we are planning to build in the coming months. For what we have actually built, see Releases. If we don’t end up shipping something, you might find it at Claro Software Labs. If you have something you think we should do, why not tell us? Lots of opinions, really into new software? Join the Claro Software Insider Program!
Alasdair, Managing Director, January 2020
We see hinged devices (laptops and desktops) as where people write and work, and flat devices (tablets, phones) for consumption and editing. That’s not to say one is “better” or “more valuable”, especially for our users: being able to sit in a comfy sofa and go through your revision notes on your iPad is a super-great use of time! But when you come to write your essay you are probably going to go sit at a Windows, Mac or Chromebook.
It follows that ClaroRead for Windows, Mac and Chromebook need all the reading, writing and study features, and our Apps – mainly ClaroPDF, ClaroSpeak and Claro ScanPen – are for out-and-about, for reading, and for annotation (your revision notes and your reading list).
The plan for 2020 (as of January) is:
- New features for ClaroRead Windows, especially spellcheck (for writing) and study skills, because that’s where most students and workers find themselves working.
- Continue to build up ClaroRead Chromebook to be a “first class citizen” with the much more mature ClaroRead Windows and Mac.
- Focus on integrating with platform identity on Apple iOS and macOS and iPadOS – we know Apple users value seamless operation with native apps and processes, and it is very much its own ecosystem. The new Claro Keyboard is particularly interesting since it allows our technology to help in any App in iOS/iPadOS, much more like ClaroRead for Mac.
- Build out our successful iOS Apps onto Android. We don’t think there is much actual business on Android, but that’s where our users are, so we have a duty to support them.
- Roll out seamless SSO and support for new ways of provisioning software. This is particularly vital for the move to Cloud we’re seeing across the industry.
- Cool new projects, like Website Reader and ePub Reader, to explore the market and see what takes off. Got any suggestions? Contact me!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
We send monthly newsletters with the latest product updates, and information for joining our monthly Webinar.