BookReader is a simple, self-contained PDF reader that will read back PDFs for you with high-quality human-sounding synthesised speech and highlighting.
BookReader is available in the Netherlands: use ClaroPDF Windows in other countries, or read PDFs in Adobe Reader with ClaroRead.
- Simple and easy interface with play, stop, page and annotation controls.
- High-quality human-sounding synthesized speech makes it comfortable and pleasurable to read back PDF eBooks and documents. Select any voice on your machine including voices installed with ClaroRead.
- Highlighting lets you follow the text being read aloud as you follow it, helping you understand and comprehend the book.
- Presents PDFs pixel-perfectly – font, layout, pictures, pages, just as intended. Know that the page references are correct and that when a caption says “the image above” that the image is indeed above.
- Powerful annotations – highlight, strikethrough, notes – that are saved in the PDF and work in other PDF programs like Adobe Reader or ClaroPDF.
- Change background colour in PDF files to suit your reading preferences.
- Support for PDF bookmarks and headings so you can quickly find you way around complex and long documents. Add your own bookmarks to PDF files for later reference and better comprehension.
- Zoom to any size that suits you: zoom in to large text size, or fit the page to your screen so you can scan it quickly, or fit the width for maximum size while simply scrolling up and down.
- Read password-protected secure PDFs (if you have the password) so you can access eBooks and confidential documents.
- Support for the new international PDF/A standard for eBooks and documents.
- Simple shortcut keys to make it easy to use with a keyboard or screenreader for people with a visual impairment.
- Uses ClaroRead voices for convenience if ClaroRead is installed, so the same settings are used across both. A user need only set up their preferred speech settings once.
Trials and Demos
Help and Documentation
- Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3.
- 1GB RAM
- 50MB hard disk space
|Product Manager & Developer||Aaron|