ClaroRead Windows supports reading and writing. ClaroRead is a simple, easy-to-use and flexible software program that helps you to read, write, study, sit exams, and increase your confidence. You can read any on-screen text out loud and improve your writing in Microsoft Word. ClaroRead also let you read aloud scanned paper books and documents.
“Students love ClaroRead, and students with dyslexia have come to depend on it. It makes an amazing difference to our struggling students – it is a game-changer.”AT Specialist, Cabrillo Community College.
- Reads Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer with speech and highlighting so you can follow the text as it is read out by high-quality human-sounding speech.
- Reads text in email, webpages, and any other program you want by selecting with the mouse, pointing with the mouse, or capturing from the screen.
- Read paper documents with scanning (OCR).
- Reads English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish and twenty-four other languages with 80 different voices and accents so you can listen to a voice you like.
- Choose highlighting by word, by sentence, any colour, and lots of combinations so you can get just the right one for you.
- Suggest words as you type to help with spelling and writing.
- Choice of high-frequency, many subject-specific, and huge prediction dictionaries.
- Phonetic prediction – type “n”, see “knowledge” suggested.
- Learn new predictions as you type or train it in a particular subject.
Dragon Professional – Dictation
- Control Dragon’s microphone using ClaroRead’s Dictate button, so you only need one floating toolbar on your screen.
- Echo back text automatically, as soon as Dragon recognises it, so you can check that it has been recognised correctly.
- Write down the text you speak using the dictation feature.
*Dragon software is not included.
- Listen back to your text after you have written – hear mistakes you can’t spot when you read.
- Listen to each word or sentence as you type so you can hear mistakes immediately.
- Speaking spellcheck lets you select the word you want by hearing the alternatives.
- Support for homophones and easily-confused words like “there” and “their” and “they’re” including images to help you select the correct word.
- Advanced phonetic, dyslexic and problem spelling corrections like “neel” (kneel) and “necessary”.
- Check anywhere, in email or Google Chrome, not just Microsoft Word.
- Speaking dictionary for any word in any program with over 300,000 English definitions.
- Thesaurus to help with comprehension.
- Change font and text to make it easier to read.
- Change screen colours to reduce contrast and make reading more comfortable.
- Read text into an audio or video file to listen to later (on your phone, on the move, for study).
- Make any text displayed on the screen read aloud, including online eBooks and presentations.
- Use industry-leading OmniPage technology to convert printed documents and image files into PDF, Word and many other formats for reading and annotation later.
- Create accessible PDF files with reading order.
Echo Letter Sounds
- Improve spelling by listening the sound of each letter rather than its name.
Pictures in Prediction
- Pictures in word prediction to help you choose the right word.
See this support article for information about how to unlock the apps.
*features will vary on ClaroRead and ClaroRead SE
|Read Microsoft Word or Pages documents with highlighting|
|Read Adobe Reader PDFs with highlighting|
|Read web pages with highlighting|
|Read anything else on the PC by selecting with the mouse|
|Echo back Dragon Professional|
|Save text as speech to an audio file|
|Scanning / OCR|
|Capture and read text straight off the screen|
|Convert paper documents to PDF and Word documents|
|Make inaccessible PDF files into accessible PDF files|
|Advanced PDF output options (password, version, compression)|
|Proof scans with custom dictionaries and characters|
|Spell check (including phonetic misspellings, homophones)|
|Prediction (including phonetic prediction)|
|Auto Converter for automatically batch converting inaccessible files|
|ScreenRuler screen tinting|
|ClaroCapture and ClaroIdeas study skills|
|Claro AudioNote lecture capture|
|Reads aloud maths generated by EquatIO|
|Includes iPad, iPhone and Android Apps (ClaroPDF, ScanPen, ClaroSpeak)|
|Try now||Try now|
ClaroRead (but not ClaroRead SE) include all of the following:
- Reading ruler and screen colour tinter. Helps anyone who has problems keeping focus while reading.
- Study tool. Capture images and text from web pages and documents to help write essays and organise references.
- Screen colour overlay tool. Helps dyslexic students focus on the screen and read.
- Easy-to-use mind mapping and idea capturing tool.
- Claro Voice Setup
- Download and install any of 80 voices in 30 languages.
- Speaking Calculator
- Speaking calculator echoes back numbers and results.
- (not SE) iPhone / iPad Apps
- ClaroRead includes the ability to unlock the pro features in our iOS apps (ClaroSpeak,ClaroPDF and Claro ScanPen).
- Claro AudioNote
- Record lectures straight into your handouts, make voice notes, and listen back to recordings made on popular devices.
- Save to Video
- Convert text documents into video files.
- Auto Converter
- Auto Converter takes any document you drop into a special folder and OCRs or scans it automatically to create accessible versions without you needing to do anything else.
Try & Buy
Click here to download a 15 day trial.
Buy an individual licence key right now online:
Help and Documentation
- Complete pricelist including volume discounts.
- User Guide (PDF | Word doc)
- Complete user manual.
- Release notes
- What’s new in the latest version of ClaroRead.
- ClaroRead Windows complete feature list
- A comprehensive listing of features in ClaroRead
- Help Videos
- Demonstration and training videos.
- ClaroRead in exams
- Using ClaroRead in examinations, including disabling spellcheck where needed.
- ClaroRead Windows Network Installation Guide
- Detailed guide to installing ClaroRead on Windows networks.
- Get more voices
- How to get more text-to-speech voices.
- System Requirements