ClaroRead Mac supports reading and writing. Designed to be simple, easy-to-use and flexible, ClaroRead aids concentration and increases confidence. You can read any on-screen text out loud and improve your writing in Microsoft Word. ClaroRead Plus Mac also lets you scan and convert paper books and documents so you can read them aloud too.
“I take forever to read, so when ClaroRead became available, it was so much better. I can scan in the books that I need to read, and the computer reads them back to me. You can also use ClaroRead to browse the web, as it reads the Internet to you.”Yarilee Villareal, Student, Brownsville Texas University
- Reads Microsoft Word with speech and highlighting so you can follow the text as it is read out by high-quality human-sounding speech.
- Reads PDF files with speech and highlighting with the included ClaroSpeak Mac App.
- Reads text in email, webpages, and any other program you want by selecting with the mouse, pointing with the mouse, or capturing from the screen.
- Read paper documents with scanning (OCR) in ClaroRead Plus
- Reads English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish and twenty-four other languages with 80 different voices and accents so you can listen to a voice you like.
- Choose highlighting by word, by sentence, any colour, and lots of combinations so you can get just the right one for you.
- Suggest words as you type to help with spelling and writing.
- Prediction all speaks so you can choose the word you want by hearing it.
- Pictures in prediction help you choose the right word.
- Learns new predictions as you type or train it in a particular subject.
- Listen back to your text after you have written – hear mistakes you can’t spot when you read.
- Listen to each word or sentence as you type so you can hear mistakes immediately.
- Improve spelling by listening the sound of each letter rather than its name.
- Speaking spellcheck lets you select the word you want by hearing the alternatives.
- Support for homophones and easily-confused words like “there” and “their” and “they’re” including images to help you select the correct word.
- Advanced phonetic, dyslexic and problem spelling corrections like “neel” (kneel) and “necessary”.
- Check anywhere, in Mail or Safari or Chrome, not just Microsoft Word.
- Add your own confusing and problem words to help you proofread.
- Speaking dictionary for any word in any program. Check words online for more information.
- Change the font to something you find easier to read in prediction and Microsoft Word documents with a single click.
- Increase line spacing to stop you getting lost between lines.
- Increase space between paragraphs to help separate and understand them.
- Increase character spacing to reduce “rivers of white” and help with reading.
- Make text bigger to make it easier to read and make each line shorter.
- Select colours for text and background that are best for you.
- Read text into an audio file to listen to later (on your phone, on the move, for study).
- ClaroRead Plus only.
- Convert paper documents, documents like Pages or Word or PDF or images, into text, PDF, Word and many other formats for reading and annotation later.
- Turn paper and PDFs into plain text for study or annotation.
- ClaroRead Plus only.
- Write down the text you speak using the dictation feature.
- Automatically listen to your dictated text after each sentence from Microsoft Word, Pages or TextEdit.
See this support article for information about how to unlock the apps.
Portable USB stick
- Create a portable USB pen drive version of any ClaroRead to let you use it on any computer.
Windows vs Mac
ClaroRead Plus (but not ClaroRead SE) includes all of the following:
- Reading ruler and screen colour tinter. Helps anyone who has problems keeping focus while reading.
- ClaroSpeak Mac
- Read back PDF and Word DOCX files with highlighting.
- ClaroPDF Mac
- Read back PDF files with highlighting.
- Study tool. Capture images and text from web pages and documents to help write essays and organise references.
- Screen colour overlay tool. Helps dyslexic students focus on the screen and read.
- Illustrate your ideas, projects, plans and everything else you can imagine using this intuitive app. Draw and connect ideas, add titles, hyperlinks, images and notes and personalise your ideas.
- iPhone / iPad Apps
- ClaroRead Plus includes the ability to unlock the pro features in our iOS apps (ClaroSpeak,ClaroPDF and Claro ScanPen).
- ClaroRead Word
- ClaroRead for Word uses the latest Office 365 technologies to bring our world-class text-to-speech, spellchecking, prediction and usability tools.
Try & Buy
You can download 15-day trial of ClaroRead.
Help and Documentation
- Comparison Chart | PDF
- Show the differences between different versions of ClaroRead – Plus and SE.
- User Guide | User Guide
- Complete user manual.
- Release Notes
- What’s new in the latest ClaroRead Mac.
- Support articles
- Technical Support website articles.
- Help Videos
- Demonstration and training videos.
- ClaroRead Cloud for ClaroRead Users
- How to download ClaroRead from ClaroRead Cloud.
- Mac OSX 10.11 or above
- 2GB RAM
- 920MB hard disk space (ClaroRead Plus)
- 620MB hard disk space (ClaroRead SE)
- Plus 200MB-650MB for each voice
Third party software requirements:
- Microsoft Word 2016 or later
|Product Manager & Developer||Michelle|