ClaroSpeak Android lets you speak text out loud and change its appearance to help with reading, and has word prediction and echoes your typing to help with writing. It’s a simple way to help you read, revise and write on your Android phone.
ClaroSpeak Android Features
- Human-sounding high-quality voices from your ‘phone or delivered over the Internet from Claro speech servers makes reading simple and clear. Support for dozens of languages to help you learn and access text from across the world.
- Highlight while reading helps you follow the text as it is read out and improve understanding.
- Read PDF files just as they appear in Adobe Reader with highlighting, zoom, search, print and page thumbnails.
- Open Microsoft Word DOC and DOCX files, Pages files, RTF, ePub, and OpenOffice/LibreOffice ODT files for reading and review.
- Change voice speed to help with comprehension or get through text faster.
- Word prediction in English, Arabic, Polish, French and Swedish to support writing by prompting and suggesting, avoiding delays while you search for a word. Hear words spoken so you can select the correct one.
- Echo back letters, words or sentences to reassure you that each word typed is correct. Choose letter sounds, not just names, to aid you with spelling and phonetics.
- Select the font colour, background colour, typeface and font size that best suits your reading style. For low vision, choose large fonts, high contrast. For dyslexia, choose a coloured background and a font like Comic Sans. Read back text with comfort and ease just as you like it.
You can also log in to unlock premium features with your Claro Software account or work/school email if your organisation has purchased a site licence.
Help and Documentation
- Release Notes
- The latest updates in ClaroSpeak Android
- Support Articles
- Technical Support website articles