- Can I use ClaroRead in Exams?
- Do you have a voice for [language]?
- What’s the difference between ClaroRead Plus and Pro?
- What’s the difference between ClaroRead for Mac and ClaroRead for PC?
- Does your software read the text in Welsh?
- What is the maximum number of pages of OCR I can use?
- Can ScreenRuler work on dual monitors?
- Do you support Windows tablets like the Surface Go?
- Can I have more background highlight colours for reading with ClaroRead in Word?
- When do your applications stop getting support?
- Can I get the latest version of the software?
- How can I get ClaroRead to show on all my Windows Multiple Desktops?
- I get “A fatal error occurred during installation” or error code 1603 trying to install on Windows!
- I’m in Jersey. Can I get ClaroRead without VAT?
- How do I buy ClaroRead for Chromebook Premium as an end-user?
- How much are your iOS apps?
- Why are the Cloud services subscription only?
- Can businesses and institutions send a purchase order to Claro?
- How do I locate my ClaroRead licence key?
- Can I uninstall ClaroRead from a machine and use the licence key again on a new machine?
- Do you do concurrent user licensing for your site licences?
- Can I print licence keys as bar codes or QR codes? Onto sticky labels?
- Can I use my ClaroRead Windows key to activate ClaroRead Mac?
- Can I use my ClaroRead Mac key to activate ClaroRead Windows?
- How do I get my software?
- What’s my Google Domain for my site licence of ClaroRead for Chromebook?
- Do you support Citrix?
- Does every user have to have a Claro Software account to use the Web Apps?
Products and Features
1. Can I use ClaroRead for Exams?
See Exams. The short answer is “yes”. The software can be used with headphones.
2. Do you have a voice for [language]?
See Voices for a list of our available voices. You can get any of these voices with any version of ClaroRead for PC – SE, Standard, Plus or Pro.
3. What’s the difference between ClaroRead Plus and Pro?
ClaroRead Plus and Pro have become just ClaroRead from 2022 onwards.
4. ClaroRead for Mac VS ClaroRead for PC
ClaroRead for Mac has the same core features as ClaroRead for Windows – speech, scanning/OCR, spellcheck, screen tinting, word prediction – but a slightly smaller feature set. These are generally less-used features, for the obvious reason that if they were popular we would have built them into ClaroRead for Mac already!
5. Does your software read text in Welsh?
ClaroRead 10 and later is all translated into Welsh (except word prediction).
6. What is the maximum number of pages of OCR I can use for Cloud OCR?
We reserve the right to apply a monthly service usage consumption cap of 25,000 pages of OCR (site licences) or 1000 pages of OCR (individual licences). See our Acceptable Use Policy for more information.
7. Can ScreenRuler work on dual monitors?
8. Do you support Windows tablets like the Surface Go?
Yes. ClaroRead for Windows will run just fine. However, if your tablet is running Windows 10S you will have to upgrade it (for free!) to Windows 10 Home.
9. Can I have more background highlight colours for reading with ClaroRead in Word?
No, Word only supports 15 colours (16 including white) for background highlighting.
10. When do your applications stop getting support?
You get 90 days support and upgrades from the date you purchase the software. After that it depends on your licence: generally, end-user and annual licences include free upgrades and support, and one-off perpetual licences do not. See the particular product page or legal for more details.
11. Can I get the latest version of the software?
You can get the latest version of the software if you have an end-user licence or annual site licence.
12. How do I get ClaroRead to show up on my Windows Multiple Desktops?
- Press Windows Key + Tab to open the desktop selector.
- Right-click on ClaroRead.
- Select “Show windows from this app on all desktops”.
13. I get “A fatal error occurred during installation” or error code 1603 trying to install on Windows!
If you receive the message A fatal error occurred during installation and/or the Windows Installer error code 1603 when trying to install Claro software then try Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 834484.
Support and Training
1. Can you send someone to my school for training?
1. Do you have any images suitable for printing / putting on my website?
See Marketing for images at print-ready resolutions (typically TIFF files).
2. Do you have any case studies?
See Resources for published studies.
1. I’m in Jersey. Can I get ClaroRead without VAT?
Yes, according to the Jersey government. Contact our Sales team.
2. How do I buy ClaroRead for Chromebook Premium as an end-user?
You can unlock the ClaroRead for Chromebook Premium features by entering a ClaroRead Pro Windows, ClaroRead Plus Mac or ClaroRead Cloud for Individuals (subscription) licence key. (Click on the Upgrade button in Settings).
3. How much are your iOS apps?
App can be purchased through the iOS App Store. We have both free apps and paid apps. Of the paid apps, the prices (correct as of October 2018) are:
ClaroSpeak Plus: £9.99
ClaroPDF Pro: £9.99
Claro ScanPen: £9.99
ClaroCom Pro: £16.99
You can purchase an app bundle for £24.99 which contains ClaroSpeak Plus, ClaroPDF Pro and Claro ScanPen.
4. Why are the Cloud services subscription only?
Our Cloud services rely on online servers that we have to run and licence, so there is an ongoing cost. Subscription fees cover the cost of the servers. We can sell traditional apps once and this doesn’t cost us anything long-term, except for support, which is minimal since our apps are very reliable.
5. Can businesses and institutions send a purchase order to Claro?
Yes, please send a purchase order to Sales.
Licensing and Licence Keys
1. How do I locate my ClaroRead licence key?
Please see our support article which documents how to find your licence key once your product has been activated. You can also use our Licence Key Lookup tool which will show you what products you have and how many activation’s you have.
2. Can I uninstall ClaroRead from a machine and use the licence key again on a new machine?
No: the initial use of a key is what counts against your limit. Contact Support to update your key so it works on your new machine.
3. Do you do concurrent user licensing for your site licences?
No. You could buy a multi-user key or multiple single-user keys and create USB stick versions of the software.
4. Can I print licence keys as bar codes or QR codes? Onto sticky labels?
There are many free online barcode generators, just paste your license key into one of these and print the barcodes.
5. Can I use my ClaroRead Windows key to activate ClaroRead Mac?
Yes. It counts as one use.
6. Can I use my ClaroRead Mac key to activate ClaroRead Windows?
Yes. It counts as one use.
1. How do I get my software?
You may have received an email with download links: if not, there are two things you can do:
Go to our Licence Key Lookup, enter your licence key and get the right download link for your product.
Log in to ClaroRead Cloud, enter your licence key and access all the downloads available to you.
2. What’s my Google Domain for my site licence of ClaroRead for Chromebook?
The Google Domain is the part after the @ symbol in the email address your users use to log in to their Chromebooks. If Alice logs in with email@example.com, then example.com is the Google Domain
3. Do you support Citrix?
Yes, for site licences, see our support article.
4. Does every user have to have a Claro Software account to use the Web Apps?
No. You have a number of options, including using SSO, providing a single username and password to every user, or even just linking from your website. See Provisioning Claro Cloud.
1. I can’t log in to my ShareIt account/I’ve forgotten my ShareIt password
Your ShareIt account, where you can purchase our Windows and Mac software, is secure and private from us. If you have forgotten your password use their password reset on their login page (look for “Request login/information”). We cannot reset your password.
If you can’t find what you’re after or the suggestions don’t help, please feel free to contact us:
Phone (UK): 01772 978096
Phone (USA): 1-866-800-5151