You can now download and run ClaroRead from a USB drive on any Windows PC or Mac with USB Creator 2!
If you are based in the U.K. We can still supply ClaroRead pre-loaded onto a USB pen drive for you. Please request it on your purchase order and refer to our price list.
USB Creator 2
You use our Windows or Mac program, USB Creator. This lets you create your own USB pen drive versions of ClaroRead SE, Standard, Plus or Pro for Windows PC or Mac. It downloads and copies everything to a USB drive you provide, and you can then run ClaroRead from the USB drive on any Windows PC or Mac. The USB drive is protected so it can’t be copied and run elsewhere: it is personal to you and your licence key.
You need all of the following:
- A ClaroRead for Windows PC or Mac licence key. This counts as one of your ClaroRead installations with this key.
- A blank USB drive at least 4GB in size.
- We strongly recommend a USB-3 USB pen drive, and using a USB-3 port on your computer – USB-3 ports have a blue centre so you can identify them. This will make the USB faster to create and use.
- A good Internet connection to download all of the software.
Now simply download and install the USB Creator program using the following link and follow the on-screen instructions:
You can then find it in your Start menu, Claro Software folder, "Claro USB Creator"
Help and Documentation
Which USB drive to use?
There are thousands of drives, so we can't provide a definitive list, but here are drives we have tried out and worked fine:
- Lexar Jumpdrive S45, S50
- P20SanDisk Extreme and Ultra Flair
- Release Notes
- USB Creator 2 is out now!